Possible Duplicate:
Can you help me with my software licensing question?


Suppose I need to provide 200 virtual desktop simontaneously to my users. Do I need an OS license for the 200 virtual desktops? I'm aware what VCED -> only for access points. But it's not clear to me how the OS licensing works. Or do I only need the OS license for the master image?

Licensing is a pain in the *ss.

marked as duplicate by Rob Moir, Scott Pack, user9517, Ben Pilbrow, EEAA May 16 '11 at 17:28

This question has been asked before and already has an answer. If those answers do not fully address your question, please ask a new question.


Read these:

Basically you either need software assurance or a virtual desktop license for $99/year

  • OK, But this only seems to apply for the access to the VM's. Do I also need a full OS license for each VM? – Datapimp23 Jul 25 '10 at 15:41
  • No. You license access to VMs and you license physical machines. – Jason Berg Jul 26 '10 at 1:40

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.