I have a Server 2008 R2 x64 installation (we'll call it MARS) that will not communicate with one of my Server 2008 R2 x64 Hyper-V hosts (we'll call it VENUS) or any of its guests.
- They're both on the same VLAN and plugged into the same switch.
- All other nodes on the network can connect to both MARS and VENUS (+ guests) including other Server 2008 R2 x64 servers and Hyper-V hosts.
- The firewalls for all network profiles are disabled on both servers.
- I have rebuilt MARS and the problem persists.
- VENUS is our only Hyper-V host running on a full installation of Server 2008 R2 Datacenter edition. The other hosts are running 2008 R2 Server Core with the Hyper-V role installed.
- VENUS has 4 teamed HP NC382i NICs.
We plan to migrate all guests off VENUS and rebuild it on Server Core. That might resolve the problem, but I was curious if anyone had encountered anything like this before.