I need a web server for static web content, a corporate blog and the company e-commerce system. I have some ideas, but thought of seeking additional feedback from the world's best server pros!
NOTE 1 - the company has around 300 customers, and revenues around $1 Million. Let's see, several hundred users a day, downloading and otherwise viewing our site. I'm hoping the new server will help us boost traffic so I want to give myself something to grow into. So far, I'm looking at something lie:
16-32 GB RAM
4 x 1 TB drives (some kind of RAID)
Am I on the right track?
NOTE 2 - This is what I went with:
- Rackform nServ A161
- Opteron 6128 2.0GHz, 8-Core
- 16GB (4 x 4GB) Operating at 1333MHz Max (DDR3-1333
- 2 x Intel 82574L Gigabit Ethernet Controllers
- Integrated IPMI 2.0 with Dedicated LAN
- LSI 9260-4i 6Gb/s SAS/SATA RAID
- 4 X 1TB Seagate Constellation ES Optical Drive:
- Low-Profile DVD+/-RW Drive Power
- 350W Power Supply