We are trying to configure SSL for one of our domains hosted on a Red Hat server running Plesk.
Plesk version: 9.5.2
- We created a new SSL certificate entry under Settings > SSL Certificates.
- We generated a CSR.
- We purchased a RapidSSL certificate using that CSR.
- We installed the resulting Private key, certificate and CA certificate under the new SSL cert entry we had added to Settings > SSL Certificates.
- We went to Settings > IP Addresses and selected the IP that the domain is hosted on. The IP is exclusive to one domain.
- We set the SSL certificate to be the new cert we had just added and set the default domain to be the exclusive domain on that IP.
Now if we go to
https://example.com, the certificate validates but it sends us to the default Plesk HTML page. Our regular
http://example.com still loads fine.
We have tried setting up the certificate under the domain itself instead of under Settings > SSL certificates but have found that this breaks our regular HTTP site.
We have tried with our current settings going into the web hosting settings for
example.com. There we tried turning on SSL support, but if we do that it defaults back to the self-signed certificate.
We have tried setting it to use a single directory for housing SSL and non-SSL content, but that setting doesn’t save if we don’t have SSL support turned on for the domain, and if we turn it on the we run into the self-signed cert problem.
So, we have managed to get the HTTPS validating the SSL certificate, but we can’t seem to get it to load any pages located in either our HTTP or HTTPS dirs: it always tries to load from the Plesk default dir when we are using HTTPS.
How do we set up Plesk to use either our HTTP or HTTPS dir for our HTTPS requests rather than defaulting to the Plesk default dir?
We started looking into the possibility of editing the
httpd.include file for the domain and adding another vhost, something like:
<VirtualHost ourdomain.com:443> SSLEngine On SSLCertificateFile c:/Apache Group/Apache2/bin/mydomain.crt SSLCertificateKeyFile c:/Apache Group/Apache2/bin/mydomain.key DocumentRoot "path to document root" <Directory /> Options FollowSymLinks AllowOverride None Order deny,allow Deny from all Satisfy all </Directory> </VirtualHost>
However, we can only find the CA certificate location on the server and are unable to find the key file location.
Any help on how to set up Plesk to use either our HTTP or HTTPS dir for our HTTPS requests rather than defaulting to the Plesk default dir would be greatly appreciated.