Hi my site is server ogg files with the mime application/x-unknown-content-type instead of application/ogg which breaks firefox's audio player. How do i get apache to serve the right mime? would it be easier to write code in my webapp (asp.net) instead?

up vote 3 down vote accepted

You can use AddType to force a MIME type, or you can update your magic file.

  • as much as it looks correct it doesnt seem to work. I couldnt find the magic file so i tried AddType audio/ogg .ogg in <VirtualHost *:80> and then <Directory /var/www/site>. In both cases i did not get audio/ogg. I cleared my cache and did a number of things to check. No luck. I did restart apache everytime i modified the file. – user274 Nov 2 '10 at 21:18
  • I think mod_mono is interfering with it. I made a subdomain for a nonasp site and apache gave the right mime without me doing anything. I setup a subdomain on my asp.net site and for some reason any non root page goes to mono. This isnt code. I think your answer is correct. – user274 Nov 2 '10 at 21:30

Your Answer

 

By clicking "Post Your Answer", you acknowledge that you have read our updated terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy, and that your continued use of the website is subject to these policies.