I installed Apache in CentOS 5.5, after searching the web for tips on configuration I did the following to enable connecting the HTTP server from outside:
- In /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf I changed the Listen value to 0.0.0.8011
- I checked netstat –anp and I do see Apache is listening on this port
- Configured the httpd as service: chkconfig --levels 235 httpd on
- Enabled ports with semanage port -a -t http_port_t -p tcp 8011
- In iptables I set iptables -A INPUT -d 10.1.15.1 -p tcp --dport 8011 -j ACCEPT
/etc/init.d/iptables save active
- Restarted the server
But I still can't connect from outside, not even with telnet .
By the way FTP and SSH do work great with this IP address, and i can ping to the VMware server.
OK, I keep editing my question: Now when i stop the firewall (iptables), i can connect just fine, so i guess my question is how properly do I configure iptables to accept http connections on port 8011?