Need a PCI-Express to PCI adapter for a 1U server. Preferably with a flex cable like this, but only need the one PCI slot:

enter image description here

Either that or maybe something like a 45-degree adapter, but I've never seen one of those.

  • Not to sound like a smartass, but what's your question? – zippy Feb 19 '11 at 1:32
  • No, I don't think anyone would mistake you for a smartass. Try reading it again. – gravyface Feb 19 '11 at 2:05

Here's one here. "1-slot PCIe x1 to PCI-32 bridge-based active riser card for 1U chassis"

Your server vendor may have something appropriate as well. You may have issues mounting non-vendor risers in a 1U server, although with a fixed right-angle adapter it will at least retain some stability due to being mounted in a slot.

Another option if you have a low-profile PCI card may be to get a PCI-e 1x to PCI-e 1x right angle adapter (like this) and get one of these PCI-e 1x to PCI adapters

I've had custom flexi adapters (although not with bridge chips) made by Adexelec in the past. Very happy with the results.

| improve this answer | |
  • Ended up (with a lot of phone calls) finding a PCI-X riser that worked. – gravyface Mar 18 '11 at 0:12

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.