My problem is that when I transfer files to or from 2 of my ESXi 4.1 servers using Veeam's FastSCP utility, the transfer seems to be limited to about 5 MBs when I can transfer the same file from the same source to another ESXi server on the same switch at 60 MBs. Just to be clear, this is just transferring to the data store and not to a VM.
I have 3 independent ESXi servers, each running ESXi 4.1 installed from the same media (using the HP verision of the ESXi 4.1 distributable). 2 of the machines exhibit this slow transfer rate while the other transfers at a normal speed (to and from my desktop is 60 MBs average).
All three servers are HP DL380 G5 servers with the following differences
- PCI Express Intel NC364T Gigabit (4 port)
- 2 4-core Intel E5450
- Integrated Broadcom NC373i Gigabit (2 ports)
- PCI Express Intel NC360T Gigabit (2 ports)
- 2 4-core Intel E5440
- Installed latest firmware from HP
- Carefully compared ESXi Configuration for differences
- switched my transfer between each of the 4 network connections, all 4 behave the same.
- confirmed that the physical switch ports are healthy and that the cables are good
Anyone have any suggestions about what the problem could be or something to investigate?