I've got myself into a pretty messy situation:
- I generated a clients self-signed certificate on server A, with server A being the CA.
- I then copied the self-signed certificate (.crt, .key) to server B, which is also a CA by itself.
- I started using this self-signed certificate on server B and it worked, so I didn't think too much afterward.
Now, I need to revoke this self-signed certificate, however I cannot do it on server B (it complaints about "name does not match"). I've managed to revoke it on server A which signed it, but how can I let server B know that this certificate has indeed been revoked?
I tried to copy the revoked cert over to server B but it doesn't really work...
- server A: Ubuntu server 10.10, openssl version 0.9.8o
- server B: CentOS 4.4, openssl version 0.9.7a
If there's anything else I can provide please let me know.
Hope my explanation makes sense, if not, please leave me a msg. Any help would be very much appreciated!