I got MS SQL 2008 running on Windows Server 2008 R2.
Everything is fresh install running on a VM.
I can make a Snapshot Publication without problems. But I am unable to make a Transactional Publication, I get errors even before I try to configure a subscriber. Here's how I did things:
- I configure Distribution. (DEFAULT SETTINGS)
I start the New Publication Wizard.
- Transactional publication
- I select "Creat a snapshot immediately"
- I configure the security settings for the Snapshot Agent and Log Reader Agent (Using the Windows account Domain Admin)
- The Publication is created succesfully, no errors.
- The "View Snapshot Agent Status" report no errors - 100% success.
- Going to the Replication Monitor, that's where the errors begin - Error with the Log Reader Agent - "The process could not execute 'sp_replcmds' on 'SERVERNAME'..." [see picture]
What am I doing wrong? Or what am I missing?