Windows 2003 SP2 file server - no recent network / hardware / software updates suddenly becomes inaccessible to laptop users running Windows 7 Pro. Don't know if this is relevant. Other users on standard XP desktops continue to see server and shares with no issue. Users security and network policies not recently changed - only a desk swap. Network via wifi and ethernet all ping and trace to other devices in network neighbourhood. Server in question appears in the network list but any of the following fail:
- double click on server in neigbourhood - intermittent
- double click on share
- ping to IP
- ping to servername
I have checked for viruses on the server, rebooted the server, unchecked SMP on NIC, disabled IPv6, ensured firewall is off, checked wifi router and cabling, check LAN cabling but to no avail.
I have also check for DHCP collisions etc etc. Occasionally, I can get one of the laptops to connect if I remove it from the domain and then add it back in again. User has 5 minutes of connectivity with the server and then access denied and the machine is not longer contactable although visible.
Laptops are 2 x HP ProBook and 1 x Some DELL - all new