I'm trying to set up VSFTPD passive hosting on my EC2 instance. I ran through these instructions http://www.synergycode.com/knowledgebase/blog/item/ftp-server-on-amazon-ec2 . However, when I tried to connect in FileZilla, I got
- Command: CWD /home/lingiii/ftp
- Response: 250 Directory successfully changed.
- Command: TYPE I
- Response: 200 Switching to Binary mode
- Command: PASV
- Response: 227 Entering Passive Mode (10,222,206,33,54,184).
- Status: Server sent passive reply with unroutable address. Using server address instead.
- Command: LIST
- Error: Connection timed out
- Error: Failed to retrieve directory listing
Where directory /home/lingiii/ftp is set to wrx permissions for user lingiii, group developers (of which lingiii is a member) AND I'm logging in as user lingiii.