Looking at purchasing a server for running Exchange Server 2010. We do not have a previous Exchange instance running (all standalone clients using pop from our ISP). As it stands now, we will not have more than 100 email accounts (We have 57 addresses now with a few more planned).
- Dell PowerEdge 610
- 16GM Memory
- 2x - Intel Xeon x5660 2.8Ghz, 12m cache 16gb
- RAID 1/RAID 10 for H700 or PERC 6/i Controllers
- 2x - 73GB 15K RPM Serial-Attach SCSI 6Gbps 2.5in Hotplug Hard Drive
- 4x - 600GB 10K RPM Serial-Attach SCSI 6Gbps 2.5in Hotplug Hard Drive **
- High Output Power Supply, Redundant, 717W
- Intel® Gigabit ET NIC, Dual Port, Copper,PCIe-4
I will be installing x64 version of Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 + the Exchange 2010. Plan on using Outlook Web Access over https for sure, we do not have mobile blackberry, etc.. devices at the moment and would only have a handful if we end up with some.
Does this configuration and plan sound like it would work ok? Any bottlenecks or concerns anyone can point out?