We have a web site that used to run on a Windows 2003 server with whatever version of IIS that had; I think IIS6. That site has been moved to a new server that's a Windows 7 server with IIS7. Since the move we have been getting errors on our site:
Access to the path 'someFile.ext' is denied.
The error occurs when the website is trying to delete files (the site has an upload feature and removes old files). Does anyone know what could be causing this?
- When I remote desktop to the server and try to delete the files I get a windows prompt that says I need to provide administrator permissions to do so.
- Some of the files may have been created by a user who's account has been disabled
- The issues predate this change but the site was recently updated to an application pool that uses asp.net v4
- If I go to the site and upload a file then I can remove that specific file without issue.
- The server is vmware machine.
- When I tried to upload a file with the same name as one that could not be deleted I got a 401 error.
If anyone has run into this issue before or knows of a way we can track down the cause of the issue I would be much appreciated.