I would like to upgrade MySQL from version 5.0 (I have 5.0.86) to 5.5 (let's say 5.5.17)
After some search, i found this method :
- Dump the databases but not mysql databse in a backup_data.sql
- This is the most important step: dump mysql database with the
--no-create-infoin a file (lets say mysql.sql) : the idea is to obtain an sql database as similar as if setup a 5.5 version from scratch and create users after.
- Uninstall 5.0 - install 5.5
- Recover mysql database and flush the privilege to restore it.
- Recover the other databases.
My problem happen in step 4 : when i do :
mysql -u root mysql < mysql.sql
I got error about duplicate entry for key primary. When i dump mysql database without the options
--no-create-info, the recover works fine BUT i obtain an sql database different from if i created it with a new 5.5 setup and that's not i want.
Any idea about this problem or any suggestions ?