I have a single user who is using 110Gb of data in public folders, and the Exchange admin (me) is persuading them to put that data elsewhere.
What options are there for exporting this data?
What utilities exist?
Outlook can do that. Exchange on its own can't. There probably are third-party utilities around that can help, but using Outlook is probably the easiest approach.
Just open Outlook, create a PST file, right-click on the PF you want to export, select "Copy Folder" and place it in the PST archive.
Oh, and don't try to put all of that data into a single PST file. It will not end well.
There are a lot of third party tools that are available in the market to solve this kind of the problem and I have also faced a similar kind of situation to move my EDB of size 120 GB to a PST and I used a third party tool which easily copied my EDB to PST format.
Not sure about any utilities but you can export data into PST format using the Import/Export Wizard of Exchange,
1) Select the File or mailbox want to Export.
2) Then Go for Select PST in the Import & Export wizard
3) In the Export Outlook Data File dialog box, selec public folder that needs to be exported.
Note: Select the Mailbox associated with Include Subfolders option (available at the bottom section & Continue further.
4) Note Browse the Destination path to store exported Public folder of PST File Next, click on the Browse button to select the destination path for storing the exported Public Folders as PST files.
5) Select option to Allow or Disallow the Duplicates Elements. 6) Wait till the process is completed
But Problem arise when, user import PST file into Outlook, as Different Outlook An application has the different limit of PST, otherwise, it starts getting hanging and performance of application affected
So you need to Split the PST File so that data can be managed properly that not possible above manual process, To split in Outlook Two option are available:
a) Divide PST File into Multiple Parts by Using Archive Feature b) Split Outlook PST File into Smaller Parts by Using Import & Export Option
A user can visit to know complete steps of above process, as a process are lengthy.