We have a webserver which offers svn, websvn and trac using ApacheAuth, which we are in the process of moving to a new domain. I am looking for a way to have a translation Logonname -> Username.
This is why:
- For external reasons, the samAccountName is a 6-char string which is randomly assigned at account creation. This cannot be changed.
- In a collaboration context, it is preferrable to see a cleartext name.
- We have two persons with the same name, so the attribute displayName is problematic.
- Mail-Address is also problematic, because of the @ sign.
- We chose to use MailNickname, which proved to be unpopular with users, especially people with longer names. Also, for technical reasons, MailNickname is a bad choice, because it can change when users take a new mail alias.
In what way can I have people login using samAccountName, but display any other AD or LDAP attribute which is different from samAccountName, within svn, websvn, trac?
This is the Auth part of sites-available/svn:
AuthType Basic AuthName "Username: your logon name" Require valid-user AuthLDAPBindDn CN=$account AuthLDAPBindPassword $password AuthBasicProvider ldap AuthzLDAPAuthoritative on AuthLDAPURL ldap://$server:389/$path?mailNickname?sub AuthLDAPGroupAttribute memberOf AuthLDAPGroupAttribute member AuthLDAPGroupAttributeIsDN on Require ldap-group CN=$groupname AuthzSVNAccessFile /srv/svn/auth/authz