I am configuring an IIS 7.5 server for WebDAV. When the client application issues a anonymous PROPFIND request to read the directory contents, the server returns a 403 Forbidden status. I need it to return a directory listing. What do I need to do to fix this? We have this working correctly on an IIS 6.0 server.
- A virtual directory has been created that points to a share on a file server. IIS is configured to connect using as specific account.
- WebDAV has been installed, and enabled.
- WebDAV annonymous property requests have been enabled.
- A WebDAV rule has been created on the virtual directory above to allow read requests for all content and all users.
- Only annonymous authentication is enabled.
- If I browse the directory using IE, I get a directory listing, so the directory browsing works.
- The IIS Failed Request Log contains the following entries:
No. Severity Event Module Name 93 Warning -MODULE_WARNING WebDAVModule ModuleName WebDAVModule Data1 Invalid Depth: For PROPFIND Not Allowed Due To Configuration Data2 ErrorCode 0 ErrorCode The operation completed successfully. (0x0) 94 Warning -MODULE_SET_RESPONSE_ERROR_STATUS WebDAVModule ModuleName WebDAVModule Notification 128 HttpStatus 403 HttpReason Forbidden HttpSubStatus 22 ErrorCode 0 ConfigExceptionInfo Notification EXECUTE_REQUEST_HANDLER ErrorCode The operation completed successfully. (0x0)