Our windows 2003 server has stopped all connectivity.
It's on 192.168.10.14. Our firewall is 192.168.10.1.
Attempting to ping the firewall returns "destination host unavailable". It was routing fine last night - no changes have been made to our firewall/router (which is one hop away).
I've rebooted the Windows machine to no avail.
Here's some information about the Windows server:
- It can ping itself
- The NIC looks fine in device manager
- Link light and activity light are active on NIC
- Ethernet connection in Network Properties shows status as Connected.
- Swapped ethernet cable to no avail
Here's what isn't working:
- Connectivity from the server to other hosts (including the same subnet).
There's no suggestion of the cause in the error logs (there are reports of failed services that depend on connectivity such as the time server)