I have a raid 10 array with 10 7200 SATA rpm disks. My disk queue length during business hours is averaging around 100. The following is true of the setup:
- The array has one mail Store with 95 active mailboxes. (This is the only thing, no logs or system files)
- Avg Mailbox size of ~ 400 MegaBytes
- The array is one large 1.3 TB partition that was aligned to the raid stripe
- The Mail store is ~ 48 GB ( for both etm and stm files )
- The mail store was just defragged
- The transaction logs are on another array that has a less than 1 avg disk queue
Does this seem high? If so, does anything seem wrong with this setup? Should I look at some other counters?
Updates after comments:
- The array itself seems okay, just the other weeks it got good results from several days of jetstress testing
- There is no pagefile on the array :-)
- There is symantec AV software. The Highest two of IO Reads and IO Writes from looking at Task Manager are conduit.exe ( symantec anti spam / virus ) and store.exe. conduit is at 18 million reads and 25 million writes, store is 144 million reads and 9 million writes. As of now, since I have gateway servers, so I am looking into taking AV off of the backend server.