- I am using the lastest Proxmox VE 2.1.
- My server has two NICS with a uplink only connected into eth0.
- My Server is a co-located server utilizing public IPv4 IPs.
- It is not behind a firewall or any system which monitors traffic.
Via IPKVM I did a fresh install of Proxmox, I put in the correct IP, Mask, Gateway, and DNS information. The install went perfectly fine with no errors.
Upon completion and rebooting the system:
- I am unable to reach the web GUI via the browser, it just times out.
- I am unable to ping the server.
- I am unable to ping outside to the Internet from within the server. Tried pinging out to 126.96.36.199 and yahoo.com
- I tried rebooting the server and restarting the network service.
ifconfig shows my IP information under
vmbro0 which also has the same MAC address as the
eth0 only displays an
IPv6 Scope:Link address, which I did not setup myself.
This is my first time installing Proxmox, but after searching for a few hours it doesn't seem like anyone else is having the same issue as me from a fresh install with just the defaults. So far the only thing I did was install it.
Also, I know the network cable is good and the IP is good because I was running a Xen XCP server with the same network settings prior to wiping it to install Proxmox.
Some additional information:
pve-manager: 2.1-1 (pve-manager/2.1/f9b0f63a) running kernel: 2.6.32-11-pve proxmox-ve-2.6.32: 2.0-66
.136is my network, and
.137is my gateway)
Destination - Gateway - Genmask xxx.xxx.xxx.136 - 0.0.0.0 - 255.255.255.248 0.0.0.0 - xxx.xxx.xxx.137 - 0.0.0.0
auto lo iface lo inet loopback auto vmbr0 iface vmbr0 inet static address xxx.xxx.xxx.138 netmask 255.255.255.248 gateway xxx.xxx.xxx.137 bridge_ports eth0 bridge_stp off bridge_fd 0