We are running a Jenkins CI. Generally we would like to provide
- full access to authenticated users from particular group
- full-read access to anonymous users
- block anonymous users to access certain projects (completely)
We use Unix user/group database and Project-based Matrix Authorization Strategy. Points (1) and (2) works well but we are having trouble achieving (3).
We have tried:
- in Global Security removing all rights to anonymous and then granting it in project-based security but after that all anonymous requests (even to main Jenkins page) yields login page
- in Global Security adding in steps following rights: View-Read (didn't work), Job-Discover (didn't work), Job-Read (didn't work), Overal-Read - this last one seemed to work however it gave the anonymous user too much rights and we weren't able to limit access to the particular project.
we want fully open (read-wise) Jenkins CI with a few projects completely hidden/blocked for anonymous.