Single user cannot print from Internet Explorer 9, application crashes and the following event log is posted to the application log:
Using another browser, such as Firefox or Chrome, allows the user to print fine.
STEPS/TROUBLESHOOTING I'VE TRIED
- Run IE with no add-ons (both as user and Run As Administrator) -- NO FIX
- Disable DEP within Internet Explorer itself -- NO FIX
- Disable DEP completely on PC (and reboot) -- NO FIX
- Disable IE Add-Ins manually -- NO FIX
- Uninstall any Windows updates in the last week -- NO FIX
- Install IE 10 -- NO FIX (in fact crashes upon open everytime until I removed it again)
- In IE setings, Advanced, changed Accelerated Graphics to use software rendering -- NO FIX
- Reset IE settings per MS KB Article #923737 -- NO FIX
- Ran SFC /scannow (found no issues) -- NO FIX
I'm out of ideas. I definitely don't want to have to deal with re-imaging the user's PC just to fix printing in IE.
Any other suggestions before I open a ticket with Microsoft support for this?