Okay this is driving me NUTS.
The server will sit with a Network Status of "Unplugged" for ages until it is rebooted. This seems to occur at random times (2am, 10pm, 8:30am, 3pm etc) it does once every 24-48 hours or so. Environment is a small business with 6 workstations and 1 large Sharp Printer.
- Win 2008 SBS 64bit
- There are no scheduled tasks that I can link to it.
- Dell Poweredge 2900 with Dual Broadcom BCM5708C NICs (Only one in use)
- Drivers are up to date per Dell's Site
- The Cables ARE plugged in.
- The Cable has been replaced twice.
- The entire switch this server is hooked up to has been replaced.
- The router has been replaced recently.
- For every instance I have noted it being down I can find no correlations in the event log.
- Have turned off Auto-Negotiate and tried several settings.
- The NIC that has never been used has been swapped into active duty (same IP and everything) as the other, the first one was then disabled.
- I do see some LAN RX errors listed in the router (about 3% they don't appear to originate from the server but I can't totally rule that out).
- I have installed Wireshark just now and have set it to capture and save off to a log file.
- Winsock and IP Resets, They do nothing.