We are working on a project where a software needs to be deployed on a set of Mac clients connected to a Windows Active Directory server. Software will be pushed from a Mac machine using Apple Remote Desktop 3(ARD3) Application available from apple.
Here is what we have done so far:
- Mac clients are connected to Windows Active Directory server.
- Mac is bound to Windows Active Directory server using "Directory Utility" application available on Mac.
- Now all the user, user groups, computers are listed under "Workgroup Manager" application, but we are not able to create a computer list under "Workgroup Manager" so that it will list under "Open Directory" option of ARD3 application.
- Is the approach fine?
- Is ARD3 is capable of of listing machines connected to Windows Active Directory server ?
- Why computer list creation from the "Workgroup Manager" is not possible ? I can create a computer list on the local domain but not on the Active Server domain. If I create a local domain and add devices from the Active Server domain then that list will be visible at Scanners -> Open Directory, but devices under it are not visible.
- We have even tried adding the Mac schema to Active Directory server. But still creation of computer list is not possible.
- If this is not possible any workaround to achieve the same ?
Thanks in Advance.