I'm working on a site that is probably destined for AWS hosting. This leads to a question about access rights to stuff that would be stored in S3 buckets:
- I set up an EC2 server for the site, and an S3 bucket to hold some of the site's stuff.
- Alice and Bob create accounts on my site.
- Alice and Bob both upload files that end up in the bucket.
- Alice should be able to see her file but not Bob's, and vice versa.
- Anonymous users of the site should be able to see neither file.
Is this possible with S3? My impression is that this is what AWS IAM is for; is this correct? I'm slowly getting past my AWS newbie-ism, but I'm not quite there yet -- thanks!