I deployed my website as a separate webiste in IIS. It is an intranet website and is windows Authenticated
i followed the below step
- created the virtual Path for the published files.
- Right click on Sites And select "add website".
- gave FSApp as site name. Selceted app pool. gave the virtual path.
- in binding left Type and Port unaltered selected the servers ip address in the ip section
- gave host name as "fusapp.[domain name.com]"
- checked start website immediately.
- then Clicked on OK.
Now when i right click on the website and try browse it the site is not opening. It gives the error "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage".
Please let me know what error did i do here
our domain name is like km.com i gave host name like fsapp.km.com will this be an error. On communicating with my colleagues who have already hosted some application in the server they said that they followed similar steps to deploy their app. Also they didn't make any DNS entry as well it seems. I am unsure wether application hosted without DNS entry will work. Please guide me on this as Well