I have two Windows 7 and one Windows XP guest systems running on a Windows 7 host with Virtual PC 2007. I also have a laptop in the system.
- All of them can connect to the internet.
- The laptop can only see the host computer.
- The host can see the host itself and the laptop, but none of the virtual machines.
- The host can ping and tracert i.e. google.com and get all the steps.
- The guests can see themselves, but not each other, the host or the laptop.
- The guests only get a long sequence of "Request timed out" when trying to tracert i.e. google.com, and they can not ping each other or the gateway (the host).
How can I make the guest systems part of the network? At least so that I can talk to the guests from the host and vice versa. For example I would like to run an SQL Server on one of the virtual machines and access it from the host system. Would also be nice if I could get the Win7 guests to be part of the same Homegroup as the host.