I'm trying to setup Remote Desktop Gateway (Terminal Service Gateway) on virtual Windows Server 2012 R2. But when connect over internet (from Win7 RDP client) getting an error:
Your computer can't connect to the remote computer because the Remote Desktop Gateway server address requested and the certificate subject do no match.
Here's my configuration:
- Host is running Windows Server 2008 R2 Std
- RDG is running Windows Server 2012 R2 Std virtually (I also tried 2008 R2 with equal result)
- AD is virtual also (dc.domain.local, etc.)
- Host is server.domain.local
- Host is running RRAS with NAT so port host:33899 is forwarded to rdg:3389
- RDG is rdg.domain.local
- RDG uses self-signed SSL certificate for example.com set in Gateway Manager:
Whatever name I would use for SSL certificate, client sees it with
I also tried create a self-signed certificate manually using
makecert and use/import it but with equal result.