I am on windows, using putty to login to a root shell. It is currently running an interactive process which prompts for input to continue. Typical interactive process, its probably waiting on the next standard in prompt.
I lose my Wifi connection. And I reconnect to the internet with a completely different IP (from a 3G connection now). How can I resume this session? I need to get back into that shell for a number of reasons. One being that I really hate losing my context/history for each putty window every time I disconnect, which may be often. And of coursse, most dire is to be able to get back to interactive processes that are currently waiting for input.
- Disconnected from internet
- Connection is therefore closed or timedout with server
- I come back to the internet on a new IP
- I want to regain the same shell, and in its last/current state. So if an interactive process is running, it should resume everything (eg: tail, vi, less + current input buffer)
- Is this scenario recoverable despite not having ran other processes first (eg: screen)