I am running vagrant 1.3.5 on OSX 10.9. I have a Windows Server 2008 VM installed via VirtualBox. I am trying to set it up so I can ssh into Windows Server 2008 box using vagrant. The steps I am trying to take in order to do that are as follows.
- Install Windows Server 2008 on virtual box
- Install virtualbox guest additions
- Install cygwin and openSSH
- Create a vagrant box using
vagrant package --base Server2008
- Edit my VagrantFile to account for this new change
config.vm.define "worker" do |worker| worker.vm.box = "windows.box" worker.vm.box_url = "~/boxes/windows.box" end
- Lastly, call vagrant up, vagrant ssh.
I have completed all these steps. When I call
vagrant up it says it is initializing the windows worker, I look in virtualbox and see that it is indeed running. It hangs here and I have to Ctrl+C to make it stop. When I call
vagrant ssh it just hangs. What do I need to do to get ssh access to a windows virtual machine w/ vagrant?