- an Azure Virtual Network,
- an Windows Server 2012 Domain Controller on that network,
- a Point-to-Site VPN set up for that network all the way so that I can connect to it from my local machine and ping VM ip addresses
- a registered DNS Server of the Domain Controller
- a registered DNS Server for the Virtual Network (overriding the Azure Name Resolution, I guess)
But I cannot resolve DNS names of VMs in the network from a VPN-connected client. Shouldn't this just work? What might be wrong?
The advanced settings of my network adapters don't show this connection as something I can reorder to prioritize DNS.
The client is Windows 8.1, by the way.