So, I have two machines:
- Exchange 2003 - Version 6.0 (Build 7654.0) 4GB RAM, 55GB MDB, Server 2003
- Exchange 2010 - Version 14.3 (Build 123.0) 8GB RAM, 22GB MDB, Server 2008 R2
There are about 80 mailboxes between both servers.
As per the question title, I am moving all my users from 2003 to 2010. I have moved about 50% of my users, but I keep getting stuck on a few.
Let's start at what is actually happening:
- Local MoveRequest is initiated and appears to work without an issue
- Halfway through the move, the Target Mailbox Database dismounts
- When I attempt to remount the database, it says that there is a log file missing.
- Even if I ignore the fact that the log file is missing, and accept data loss, I still cannot mount it again until I remove the move request, attempt to mount (and fail), then reset the Information Store service.
Things I have tried:
- Repairing the database with ESEUTIL after it initially dismounts
- Accepting 'BadItems' in case of corruption
- Tried clearing out junk mail from the account manually and trying again
- Cleaning the target database with EMS
- Creating a new MDB to use as a target database
- Removed Storage Quota from source mailbox
As you can see, I'm metaphorically flailing my arms in desperation to get this working.
I'm going to run ISINTEG on my 2003 server this week, to see if I can find/fix any corruption.