I just want to know, which port need to be open if i place firewall between Windows Client ( XP or 7 ) and Domain Controller ( Window Server 2008 R2 )
Please note it is between Client and DC and not between DC to DC
I have searched on google, but in google the answer which i got is between Client as well as from DC to DC.
As per my finding I need to open.
- TCP & UDP port 88 for Kerberos Authentication
- TCP & UDP 389 for LDAP
- TCP & UDP 445 for SMB/CIFS/SMB2
- TCP and UDP port 464 for Kerberos Password Change
- TCP Port 3268 & 3269 for Global Catalog
- TCP and UDP port 53 for DNS
- TCP and UDP Dynamic - 1025 to 5000 ( Windows Server 2003 ) & start from 49152 to 65535 ( Windows Server 2008 ) for DCOM, RPC, EPM
Let me know, if I'm missing something.
Note:- It's between Client and DC only.