In the last week suddenly I get errors for my server. I try to access my website I get 503 errors.
When I check
top and other things I see these:
- 60-65 httpd (apache) processes. (Normally I have 30-35 httpd processes)
You can see graph here: httpd process
- MySQL makes ~350 MB swap. (Normally it makes 40-50 MB swap)
Tuning primer says that:
- Current max_connections = 250
- Current threads_connected = 96
- Historic max_used_connections = 97
- Server all graphs: general data
- ServerLimit 60
- MaxClients 60
var\www\vhosts\example.com\logs\access_logthere is nothing that would seem like (D)DOS attack. I see normal server request.
- Nothing suspicious in
- Inside my
var\www\vhosts\example.com\logs\error_logI see too many errors like this:
[Fri Jan 17 10:56:26 2014] [warn] [client 188.8.131.52] mod_fcgid: can't apply process slot for /var/www/cgi-bin/cgi_wrapper/cgi_wrapper
\var\log\error_logno error in that time
How can I diagnose what causes my website to make DISK IO 100%, load average 10, very high swapping, and server doesn't respond requests. And how can I stop this to happen in future ?
When I restart mysql and httpd problem solves. But how can I diagnose the cause