I am tryig to set up pure-ftpd on an Ubuntu 12.04 and have it work with the pure-authd. I have created a user and group, gotten the authd daemon running. I also have a script ready to go that will work fine doing the custom auth for the daemon. However, I can't see how to get pure-ftpd to use the authd authentication method. I see that the config options are set in /etc/pure-ftpd/conf as individual files with the values as the values of the settings. I have searched extensively and have not found out how to get pure-ftpd to use authd instead of one of the other auth options. Could anyone point me to what flag or setting to use to get this to work?
Here is what I have done so far to get things much further than before
- Created an ftp user and an ftp group
sudo useradd -s /bin/bash -M -G ftpupload ftpupload
- Ensured the following files were in /etc/pure-ftpd/conf
- CreateHomeDir - contents: "yes"
- ExtAuth - contents: [the path to the auth script]
- Made sure ftp user group could read/write to /var/run/pure-ftpd to enable it to make socket and pid file
- Created symlink from /etc/pure-ftpd/conf/ExtAuth to /etc/pure-ftpd/auth/ExtAuth
sudo ln -s /etc/pure-ftpd/conf/ExtAuth /etc/pure-ftpd/auth/ExtAuth
- Removed other symlinks in /etc/pure-ftpd/auth
- Sample pure-authd call:
sudo pure-authd -p /var/run/pure-ftpd/pure-authd.pid -u 1012 -g 1013 -s /var/run/pure- ftpd/pure-ftpd.sock -r /usr/bin/auth_script.sh
- Sample /etc/init.d/pure-ftpd restart call
sudo /etc/init.d/pure-ftpd restart
Restarting ftp server: Running: /usr/sbin/pure-ftpd -l extauth:/var/run/pure-ftpd/pure-ftpd.sock -j -d -p 30000:35000 -E -u 1000 -O clf:/var/log/pure-ftpd/transfer.log -8 UTF-8 -B