I created Windows 7 Pro 64 images and all are getting this error. I configured them to use virtio disk and network adapter using the 1-74 drivers. They work fine locally (kvm on ubuntu 13, qcow2 drive, virtio nic and disk), but when I upload them to my org's OpenStack cloud Windows throws an error.
When I tried to create an instance I got the following error visible from the console:
- Windows Setup could not configure Windows to run on this computer's hardware.
I acknowledged the error, the vm rebooted and now it's constantly showing the following error while trying to boot the OS:
- Windows could not complete the installation. To install Windows on this computer, restart the installation.
Reading from this KB I retrieved the log files, which look like this:
- Error [0x0f0082] SYSPRP LaunchDll:Failure occurred while executing 'C:WindowsSystem32scecli.dll,SceSysPrep', returned error code 1208[gle=0x000003e5]
- Error [0x060435] IBS Callback_Specialize: An error occurred while either deciding if we need to specialize or while specializing; dwRet = 0x4b8
- Error [0x0603f1] IBS Module_Term_ImageTransfer: Failed to disable the image selection UI; status 0x80070005[gle=0x00000005]
- Error [0x0601b8] IBS Module_Term_DiskSpace:Failed to set the disk config UI flag.[gle=0x00000005]
I won't list the whole file here (download my setupact.log), but there was entry like the one described in the KB article. The closest entry was this:
- 2014-04-10 08:36:13, Info SYSPRP SPPNP: The function driver iaStorV is not in use.
As a temporary workaround I can do the following to the broken instance to get it to work. However, I need a permanent solution so that the error doesn't come up in the first place.
- On error screen press SHIFT-F10 to bring up command prompt.
- Run CD C:\windows\system32\oobe\msoobe
Please help, I've been trying to get this to work for 2 weeks now!