I want to secure an azure website with a custom domain via SSL. The website is in the "Standard" Tier, as required.
I've been able to upload my self-signed wildcard certificate, but when I want to bind it to the custom domain name, it is not appearing in the "choose a certificate" dropdown.
Does anybody know why this is?
For completeness sake, here's how I generated the self-signed certificate:
- Generate a root-certificate
makecert -pe -n "CN=Mydomain Root" -ss my -a sha1 -sky exchange -r -len 2048 root.mydomain.com.cer
- I imported the root-certificate (right-click -> Install Certificate) after which it ended up in the "Personal" certificate store
- Generate a wildcard certificate from the root certificate:
makecert -pe -n "CN=*.mydomain.com" -a sha1 -sky exchange -eku 126.96.36.199.188.8.131.52.1 -is my -in "Mydomain Root" -sp "Microsoft RSA SChannel Cryptographic Provider" -sy 12 -ss Personal wildcard.mydomain.com.cer
- I exported the pfx file of this wildcard certificate with these settings
- I uploaded the exported pfx to azure and tried to bind that to my website's custom domain name.