This seems to have something to do with Certificates.
- Make sure your RDS certificate is trusted on the remote host
- Make sure you use the correct name to connect to the machine
If you have a self-signed certificate, this is what I found:
This is what I did to get RD session hosts bugged with 0x607 to work:
- removed RD session host from collection,
- deleted certificates from computer personal store on RD session host (this was plausible in my scenario),
- removed RD session host role,
- redeployed RD session host role from central RD administration.
This created a fresh self signed SSL certificate for internal RD
session host FQDN and assigned it to RDP-tcp. Interestingly, that
certificate doesn't even appear in RD session host personal
See this TechNet thread for more information.
Another possibility (mentioned in the same thread) is to lower your security settings (not advised for a production environment though):
session collection properties and in "
Encryption level" to
low. and save session collection. And try to
access that session collection from win 8 or win7 sp1, voila, it
solves issue except one warning.