- one ASP.NET web application
- 2 Windows servers with IIS installed (no more servers allowed)
I want to enable load balancing / failover for that application, on both server and application levels.
My plan is:
1) Install the web application on both servers, under IIS.
2) For the server-level load balancing / failover, enable Microsoft NLB
3) For the application level load balancing / failover, I'm tempted to use ARR on each server. So, each server will host both ARR and a web application. Each ARR instance will load-balance requests either locally either to the other server.
Is the last point achievable and viable?
My only constraint: 2 servers, no more.