am experiencing a problem with my system. Here's what happens.
I have two servers running Windows Server 2008 R2 that act as primary and secondary domain controllers. I have a NAS which is part of the domain and I have several client machines running Windows XP. These machines have a script that maps a network share of the NAS to a local drive on the machines using a domain account using the "net use" command of Windows. So far, so good.
I have been asked to apply some domain controller policies and noticed that the software (other software using AD) no longer worked as expected. So I decided to revert back all the domain controller policies to the "standard" of Windows Server 2008 R2. So, here's the deal: sometimes when I tried to run the script I get the "System error 1326 has occurred. Logon failure: unknown user name or bad password." If I look the user on the primary DC it says the account has been locked.
Now, I don't see why this should happen, since I have reverted all the settings back to the starting configuration. Furthermore, the problem is not machine-dependent (it can happen when I run the script on any client) and there is no certain amount of tries to lock out the account (it can happen on the very first run or after several runs).
It is driving me crazy, please if anyone has experienced something similar, help!