OK, I have a really tough one I've already spent all morning on.
PC is a Win7 64 with SP1 and all MS Patches Usual error everyone is familiar with: The assignment of application Adobe Reader X MUI from policy Software Install failed. The error was : %%1274
Failed to apply changes to software installation settings. The installation of software deployed through Group Policy for this user has been delayed until the next logon because the changes must be applied before the user logon. The error was : %%1274
- gpupdate /force /boot
- Done: Always wait for the network at computer startup and logon = Enabled
- Done: Startup policy processing wait time = 30, 120
- Done: Updated network card drivers
- Done: Deleted HKLM/SOFTWARE/Microsoft/Windows/CurrentVersion/Group Policy
- Done: GPO permissions check: Authenticated Users have Read access
- Done: Share permissions check: Everyone has Full access
- Done: Folder permissions check: Authenticated Users have Read and Execute permissions
- Done: File Permissions check: Inherited
- Done: PSExec -i -s cmd.exe to make sure I have access to the network files
- Done: PSExec -i -s cmd.exe + re-run explorer.exe and manually start the MSIs works fine (they install)
- Done: I've had instances where a network share with a space in it didn't work, so I've added a Share name without a space but the installer still fails on that package (and all the others).
I've seen this happen with some WiFi cards, but this computer is using Ethernet.
Is there a way of seeing the MSIExec logs to see exactly what transpired?
As an aside, while all the old Group Policy settings have applied, some IE10 settings I added recently are also refusing to apply.