I have a WS2012r2 web server with multiple sites. We host zip files that are accessed though a direct URL (http://mysite.me/Test.zip").
These files are used to update our software and are downloaded using a c# WebClient but the same issue occurs when downloading via browsers.
The issue is only affecting one client, the file is being corrupted as a part of the download, it looks like it is one KB smaller than what it should be. But if i put the same zip on dropbox and download it, it works fine.
- I have disabled static content compression
- I have changed the mime type to application/zip or application/octet-stream
- I have disabled output caching
these are the headers being returned:
Accept-Ranges : bytes
Content-Length : 1289611
Content-Type : application/zip
Date : Fri, 18 Jul 2014 01:00:20 GMT
ETag : "e3b794fa2cf1:0"
Last-Modified : Thu, 17 Jul 2014 22:36:40 GMT
Server : Microsoft-IIS/8.5
X-Powered-By : ASP.NET
Like I say this is only happening to one client, but only on my server.