I have a Dell Poweredge R410 with two CPUs installed.
I tried everything but the second CPU does not get recognized by the BIOS or the Linux Operating System it has.
Both CPUs are Intel Xeon E5602 with these RAM configurations:
- CPU1 - 16GB ram (2 8GB DIMMs in slots 1 and 2) - CPU2 - 4GB ram (2 2GB DIMMs in slots 1 and 2)
Couple of extra info:
- RAM is working fine (I can get 20 GB of RAM if I use all CPU1 slots).
- Both processors are also working fine. I can make work either one of them as the main CPU.
- Both heat sinks are working fine.
- No hardware failures when running Dell's hardware check.
- If I use one 8GB DIMM on each CPU, it doesn't work either.
Is there anything else I need to setup? Manual doesn't say anything about a JUMPER and/or BIOS configuration needed in order to make both CPUs work.
One more thing: firmware, BIOS and everything are fully updated to their latest official versions.