I am using VMware workstation with encrypted virtual hdd-s. I tried to use one of the vmdk files as an hdd on another virtual machine, but when I try to add them as an existing disk, I get the following error:
This disk may be used by an encrypted virtual machine.
Means I would lose all my data If the virtual machine is broken (lost the files or anything)? I can't create another machine and add the vhdd-s?
- Create a virtual machine (Sys1.vmdk)
- Add a new hard drive to the machine (Data.vmdk)
- Encrypt the first virtual machine (it will encrypt both hard drives)
- Lose (it can happen!) the first virtual machine's files (not the vmdk's, only the virtual machine)
- Create a new virtual machine (Sys2.vmdk)
- Try to add Data.vmdk to the second machine --> you will get the error mentioned