As I am a average programmer who have never been purchasing any hardware myself, I have to choose a computer for a prototype database server that will be used to serve
- 10 concurrent request per one or two second (and may scale up to 50 in the future)
- each request will insert about 3-5 records (with C# using internal stored procedures)
- on a local wired Lan network.
- Not more than 50MB (expecting around 25MB) of data will be inserted into the database daily.
- need to run 24 hours (as this will be used for factory production line)
My configuration is a MS SQL Server 2012 Express.
I know that I need to test my application to know for to be sure is my hardware is sufficient. But due to a process of purchasing hardware in my company need to advance planning for one quarter so I can't develop my application before the purchasing period end.
I would like to ask that if I can run server that serve this configuration (maybe only 10 concurrent version) on an average computer like
- Intel core i5 4570 @ 3.20GHz
- 4GB of ram
- Window 7 (32 or 64 bit)
- 1 TB 7200rpm harddrive
or if it can't what should I need and what should I need for 50 concurrent version.
Sorry for my newbie question and thank in advance.