We added a datacenter to our cluster and it is shown as "Unknown DataCenter". The dashboard reports all the agents as connected, and neither the agents logs nor opscenter logs show any error.
The steps we followed were the following:
- We added a datacenter using the official procedure (with vnodes enabled)
- It appeared normally in OpsCenter
- We realized we didn't want vnodes so we decomissioned all the nodes in the new datacenter
- We disabled vnodes in the config and restarted the new servers (after cleaning data/commitlog dirs)
- They are properly joined to the cluster according to nodetool status
- OpsCenter shows them as "Unknown"
We tried uninstalling/reinstalling both the agents and OpsCenter with no success. We also tried removing everything in the
OpsCenter keyspace and removing the cluster from the UI.