I'm unable to get Apache 2.4.10 to stay running on Windows Server 2012.
Here is my setup:
- i5 3Ghz with 8GB RAM, 2TB HD.
- RAM usage never exceeds 2%.
- CPU usage never exceeds 10%.
- I've disabled the firewall, and there is no virus scanner installed.
- MySQL is installed, but not being used right now.
- PHP is not installed, but is required.
- I download Apache 2.4.10 32-bit from https://www.apachelounge.com/download/
- Install apache as a service "\apache24\bin\httpd -k install", this is successful
- Log files show no errors.
I'm able to visit the website's address, and see the "It works!" message for all domains pointing to that server.
In a console window I run
netstat /n 2 and watch TCP connections. Apache continues to work normally for a while, but after a few minutes
CLOSE_WAIT conditions begin to happen. All domains pointing to the server are now unresponsive.
I check the Apache logs. There are no new entries. No errors. I check the Windows Event log and there are no new entries. I check Task Manager and there is nothing running with any CPU load. Memory usage is at only 2%.
Apache appears now to be dead, but I don't know why.
Restarting the service repeats the above process. It runs for a few minutes, and then it's not responding.
I've tried both 32-bit and 64-bit builds of Apache. The 64-bit appears to take longer, but the problem persists.
I'm stuck and don't know anything that I can do to diagnose this problem.