I'd like to ask about some strategies with MediaWiki. How would you run MediaWiki with good performance on a multi-server environment? Since it has configuration files it will also need some sort of central configuration.
Resources available are all of AWS' services.
Does anybody have experience and ideas?
Here are the main issues I fear will occur:
- There is no way to save images between multiple server at high speeds
- Caching to a central server will be very slow
- I don't know exactly how to configure proper cache - or Squid cache (no tutorials...)
- The site can't properly, automatically auto-scale
- Configuration changes require completely new machine images so they autoscale