I have a Sql Server 2008 Standard version. Mirroring is set up on the server in full safety mode. Its been working fine till today. The transaction log back-up fails every-time with an error
"Error: 2014-09-25 08:34:33.17 Code: 0xC002F210 Source: JuneDB Log Backup Execute SQL Task Description: Executing the query "BACKUP LOG [JuneDB] TO DISK = N'H:\BKs\Hou..." failed with the following error: "Read on "E:\LDFs\JuneDB.ldf" failed: 1(Incorrect function.) BACKUP LOG is terminating abnormally.". Possible failure reasons: Problems with the query, "ResultSet" property not set correctly, parameters not set correctly, or connection not established correctly"
- I am using a Maintenance plan for taking backups.
- The drive also contains log files of 5 other databases and their log backups are fine.
- This problem started after successfully completing rebuild indexes maintenance plan.
- Full backups do not have any problem.
I am not able to identify why reading the log file of this one database is erroring out. How am I supposed to proceed on this issue.
Things I tried
- Ran DBCC CHECKDB([JuneDB]) WITH NO_INFOMSGS returned no error messages
- Ran a query to take transaction backup instead of using a Maintenance plan. It gave same error
Update I just noticed at 4:30 AM we ran a maintenance plan to rebuild all indexes. Looking at the error log, I started getting errors for Transaction log backups after 4:30 Am. I am not sure how rebuild indexes could possibly cause the transaction log backups to fail but they sure seem related